Yesterday I called out a video explaining something called WebPI yesterday and introduced you to Lucas. The goal behind that solution is mostly for the IT Professional that has to setup and deploy WebApps with all dependencies included. Works great if you are already in the know for how to setup Microsoft Servers and IIS.
But what about people who are not used to using or setting up the Microsoft Stack? People who are more comfortable firing up a LAMP stack preconfigured with web server and web apps / Dev environment?
We’ve got some cool stuff going on later today to help out that area. If you’re new to supporting development projects or if you need something quick and fast for a development stack – you should check this Live Stream out today at 12:30 EST. At the CodeMash conference, we’ll be talking about WebMatrix. It’s an open source, all-in-one package that gives you what you need to get started building web sites and applications using Windows, including:
- A development web server – IIS Express, a development version of our full-fledged web server, IIS
- A web development framework – ASP.NET
- A database – SQL Server Compact, a development version of SQL Server, which powers a lot of businesses
- Development tools – An editor that makes it easy to build sites and that makes it easy to move your project to the full-fledged Visual Studio when it’s time
- Built-in web apps – Makes it easy to add web applications like WordPress, DotNetNuke and Joomla! to your site
- SEO tools – A built-in SEO reporter helps you make your site more indexable by search engines
- Site publishing tools – Support for FTP, SFTP and WebDeploy to move your site from your development machine to the real thing
Want to find out more about WebMatrix? Watch the online stream of our Enter the WebMatrix presentation at the CodeMash conference today at 12:30 p.m. EST (9:30 a.m. Pacific) and see it in action.