Over pints Pierre Roman, Bruce Cowper and Rick Claus decided they would put together a concise and timely podcast each “Update Tuesday”. The object is to keep it simple by letting you know in plain non technical language what the updates are, what they resolve and why you should care.
As always – if you have suggestions on making it better – please pass on your comments. Mail Rick directly – email@example.com
Subscribe to the podcast: (so you don’t miss an episode)
Disclaimer: This podcast was produced with the best information available to us at the time of recording. Your primary source for all things Security Bulletin related should always be the Microsoft Security Response Center blog.
In Depth Webcast on this bulletin will take place: Wednesday, October 13th – 11:00 AM PDT (UTC -7). (Registration link):
Bulletins discussed for October 12th, 2010:
- MS10-070 – Vulnerability in ASP.NET Could Allow Information Disclosure (KB 2418042)
- MS10-071 – Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2360131)
- MS10-072 – Vulnerabilities in SafeHTML Could Allow Information Disclosure (2412048)
- MS10-073 – Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (981957)
- MS10-074 – Vulnerability in Microsoft Foundation Classes Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2387149)
- MS10-075 – Vulnerability in Media Player Network Sharing Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2281679)
- MS10-076 – Vulnerability in the Embedded OpenType Font Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution (982132)
- MS10-077 – Vulnerability in .NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2160841)
- MS10-078 – Vulnerabilities in the OpenType Font (OTF) Format Driver Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2279986)
- MS10-079 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2293194)
- MS10-080 – Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2293211)
- MS10-081 – Vulnerability in Windows Common Control Library Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2296011)
- MS10-082 – Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2378111)
- MS10-083 – Vulnerability in COM Validation in Windows Shell and WordPad Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2405882)
- MS10-084 – Vulnerability in Windows Local Procedure Call Could Cause Elevation of Privilege (2360937)
- MS10-085 – Vulnerability in SChannel Could Allow Denial of Service (2207566)
- MS10-086 – Vulnerability in Windows Shared Cluster Disks Could Allow Tampering (2294255)
Podcast Participants: Rick Claus, Pierre Roman and Bruce Cowper. Yup – BRUCE WAS BACK!
Additional Technical Show Notes:
- Recorded using three way chat via Microsoft Lync.
- Rick’s Home Office
- Pierre’s home office
- Bruce’s home office (in Seattle)
- It was Canadian ThanksGiving and a holiday for us Canucks, hence the references to Turkey.