NOTE: Due to a combination of publishing platform issues and a crazy travel schedule that came together into a perfect storm – we’re three days delayed in getting this out to you. Sorry about that – we’ve got steps in place to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
Over pints Pierre Roman, Bruce Cowper and Rick Claus decided they would put together a concise and timely podcast each “Update Tuesday”. The object is to keep it simple by letting you know in plain non technical language what the updates are, what they resolve and why you should care.
As always - if you have suggestions on making it better - please pass on your comments. Mail Rick directly – firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the podcast: (so you don't miss an episode)
Disclaimer: This podcast was produced with the best information available to us at the time of recording. Your primary source for all things Security Bulletin related should always be the Microsoft Security Response Center blog.
In Depth Webcast on this bulletin will take place: Wednesday, September 15th - 11:00 a.m. PST (UTC -7). (Registration link):
Bulletins discussed for September 15th, 2010:
- MS10-061 - addresses a vulnerability in Microsoft Windows (KB 2347290)
- MS10-062 - Vulnerability in MPEG-4 Codec Could Allow Remote Code Execution (975558)
- MS10-063 - Vulnerability in Unicode Scripts Processor Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2320113)
- MS10-064 - Vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2315011)
- MS10-065 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2267960)
- MS10-066 - Vulnerability in Remote Procedure Call Could Allow Remote Code Execution (982802)
- MS10-067 - Vulnerability in WordPad Text Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2259922)
- MS10-068 - Vulnerability in Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (983539)
- MS10-069 - Vulnerability in Windows Client/Server Runtime Subsystem Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2121546)
Podcast Participants: Rick Claus (without my Green Tilley Hat) and Pierre Roman
Additional Technical Show Notes:
- Recorded at Rick's Home Office and Pierre’s home office with LiveCommunicationsServer videoconferencing software.