Over pints Pierre Roman, Bruce Cowper and Rick Claus decided they would put together a concise and timely podcast each “Update Tuesday”. The object is to keep it simple by letting you know in plain non technical language what the updates are, what they resolve and why you should care.
As always - if you have suggestions on making it better - please pass on your comments. Mail Rick directly – email@example.com
Subscribe to the podcast: (so you don't miss an episode)
Disclaimer: This podcast was produced with the best information available to us at the time of recording. Your primary source for all things Security Bulletin related should always be the Microsoft Security Response Center blog.
In Depth Webcast on this bulletin will take place: Wednesday, August 11th - 11:00 a.m. PST (UTC -7). (Registration link):
Bulletins discussed for August 10th, 2010:
- MS10-047 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (981852)
- MS10-048 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2160329)
- MS10-049 - Vulnerabilities in SChannel could allow Remote Code Execution (980436)
- MS10-050 - Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution (981997)
- MS10-051 - Vulnerability in Microsoft XML Core Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2079403)
- MS10-052 - Vulnerability in Microsoft MPEG Layer-3 Codecs Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2115168)
- MS10-053 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2183461)
- MS10-054 - Vulnerabilities in SMB Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (982214)
- MS10-055 - Vulnerability in Cinepak Codec Could Allow Remote Code Execution (982665)
- MS10-056 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2269638)
- MS10-057 - Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2269707)
- MS10-058 - Vulnerabilities in TCP/IP Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (978886)
- MS10-059 - Vulnerabilities in the Tracing Feature for Services Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (982799)
- MS10-060 - Vulnerabilities in the Microsoft .NET Common Language Runtime and in Microsoft Silverlight Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2265906)
Podcast Participants: Rick Claus and Pierre Roman
Additional Technical Show Notes:
- Recorded at Rick's Home Office with studio equipment setup
- Beverage of choice – a couple of glasses of water.