During the course of EnergizeIT I got a few questions about how to maintain your library of offline VMs that you have built for your test/lab environment or you have stored for various reasons. I had mentioned the Offline Virtual Machine Servicing Toolkit and saw today that they kicked off the beta for v3.
VMST 3.0 helps customers more effectively—and safely—manage the workflow of updating their offline virtualization environment. Using VMST 3.0, customers can now service:
- Offline virtual machines in a SCVMM library.
- Stopped and saved state virtual machines on a host.
- Virtual machine templates.
- Offline virtual hard disks in a SCVMM library by injecting update packages.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V host clusters.