I thought you might be interested in some quick facts about the MVP Summit, the program and the impact the MVP community has on diverse communities worldwide. With the summit quickly approaching, here are data points on the significant role MVPs play.
- Worldwide there are more than 100 million participants in technical communities.
- Of these participants there are only 4,000 MVPs located across 93 countries, spanning more than 30 languages and more than 90 Microsoft technologies.
- There has been a 10 percent to 15 percent MVP audience growth in countries such as China, Russia and Korea.
- Over the past few years new regions with MVPs include the Republic of Congo, Ghana, Nepal, Macedonia and Macao.
- In recent years, a handful of MVPs have been awarded in new categories such as MSN, Xbox, Visual Studio Tools for Office, Microsoft Dynamics and Visual Studio Team System.
- MVPs are a diverse group that includes community leaders, researchers, accountants, teachers, artists, government workers, engineers and technologists.
To find out more, you can browse the MVP site at http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/.