[Videocast] My Favorite Office 2007 Trick

I like playing with new hardware and software as much as the next geek and I was thrilled when Rick managed to snag our team a few copies of Camtasia Studio from TechSmith.  I've used their tools in the past and love them.  I thought I'd use the tool to record a screencast of my favorite little tip from Office 2007.

Office 2007 Command Reference

Let us know what you think of the screencast format or share your favorite tip!  We love hearing from you 🙂

When I first met with the guys at KHP they had a list of things they wished worked better in their organization,

2. Graham Jones says:

Snagit and Camtasia from Techsmith are absolutely 2 of the best, and best value, products on the market. I use them both regularly. Snagit is great for adding graphical content to documentation and I use Camtasia for doing the same things as illustrated here, ie. short training videos for use in teaching Office. The range of editing and video output options gives you great flexibility in your method of delivery.

I procured a free copy of Camtasia for the Neil Squire Society (www.neilsquire.ca) for their computer distance learning program which operates right across Canada. NSS is a great charitable organization that adapts computers for use by the handicapped and teaches computer skills to help with employment.

If you don’t subscribe to Techsmith’s newsletters, you should give it a try. Then you would get a feel of the capabilities of these 2 products and their range of use.

Snagit and Camtasia are always very popular draw prizes at VANTUG events.

Cheers

Graham J

President, VANTUG

3. Graham Jones says:

PS I forgot to say that I think that the addition of short vidoes using Camtasia to the blog is a great idea. The old addage that "a picture is worth a thousand words" is never more true than today because of the increasing complexity of some things.

Cheers

Graham J.

4. Carol says:

Great tip!  I find one of the biggest drawbacks to updating a program that I use a lot is knowing that there is a learning curve trying to find my favourite features again.

I took the plunge to upgrade to Office 2007 and spent the first day saying bad words about Outlook (all better now…thanks for asking).

Having a tool like this will go a long way to getting me back up to speed again.

Thanks,

Carol

CarricDesign

This truly cool. I had no idea. I have found most everything myself the hard way but wish I had known

Remember Clippy? That (not so) loveable little feature in all versions of Office previous to Office 2007?