Well we are all back from our internal training week. It was an interesting time, lots of fun and my first chance to see Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates speak in person. I actually got to see Bill speak twice, once to a large crowd and once at a much smaller room where he spoke with his wife Melinda about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Now with all this I did learn some things.....
- The architecture of Windows Server Virtualization
- The Cheesecake Factory serves more than cheesecake
- How to read Romeo and Juliet with PowerShell
- The original Starbucks has a provocative logo (but the same coffee)
- Windows Mobile 6 supports RMS, HTML Email and more
- Pigeons have pink feet
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager beta 2 will do P2V
- How to activate Vista using a KMS
- Rick and I can drink as much as the Aussies but they have more guts (get your response yet Michael?)
- Rick has an amazing auto-pilot ability
- Bill and Melinda have a great plan to help make the world a better place
- All around the world IT Pro's and developers have the same challenges
It was great to meet the greater world wide team (thanks for the Zunes Orlando). I finally got to put faces to names and meet some people I've been wanting to meet for some time. Eileen Brown and Steve Lamb from the UK, who I blogged for many years ago, Jeff Woosley from the Virtualization team, Jeffery Snover the PowerShell architect and many more talented and passionate people.
It was a blast but I am glad to be home and look forward to the next 18 months and some of the exciting things that are about to become reality!