Where’s my “Deleted Items” in the Outlook Conversation View

You see it in Exchange 2010 OWA ….. but not in Outlook 2010

You can change this default setting (in Outlook 2010) by going to Search Options (File -> Options -> Search tab)

And checking the box for “Include messages from the Deleted items folder in each data file when searching in All Items

Voila.

1. D says:

Thanks a lot, was searching everywhere for this.

2. Eric Schurr says:

I agree, thanks!  i just switched companies and my deleted items showed up  in Conversations there but not here. Now they do and this is GREAT!

3. DianaTX says:

THANK YOU FOR THIS! It was driving me nuts!

4. Jamirocou says:

OMG … I've been looking for this everywhere.  You're a life saver.

5. Scott says:

That was easy!  Thanks, I couldn't find that option anywhere!

6. colinnwn says:

Thanks, you made my day! Seeing deleted items in conversation view (you have to click the caret twice) worked on my old laptop but not on my new one, and I couldn’t figure out how to get it back.

Microsoft rant for the day… What were they thinking putting this option here, and wording it in such a way it is so detached from what the option actually does? Do they really dogfood their own products? At times I find it hard to believe. The way they did it in Outlook 365 makes a lot more sense.

7. joseph says:

I am seeing deleted items disappearing from the deleted items folder. All settings are default. There are no settings on iPhone set to delete items, and deleted items settings on Exchange 2010 are set to keep deleted items for 365 days. While we can recover
    deleted items, emails shouldn’t be self-deleting in the first place.

8. Victor says:

Thank you so much.

9. a says:

That box is checked for me, but deleted items are still not showing up in conversation view.

10. Amy says:

worked for me, thanks

11. Abby says:

I am glad i found this convoluted way to NOT show deleted objects in conversation view – of course one would not think to look in the search area but in the view settings in 2013 inwhich you can only choose show all folders or not – so I lost sent if i
    did not chose it and got sent AND deleted if I did and I did not want deleted – really made conversations long