Originally posted on the Vista Team Blog
The Windows Mobile Device Center Team is excited to announce the release of Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. This release contains key improvements and new features to support Windows Mobile 6 devices.
Key updates in Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 include:
- Windows Mobile 6 feature support
- Information Rights Management activation - Automatically configure the Windows Mobile 6 device to open IRM-protected documents and files
- HTML mail - Set up your Windows Mobile 6 device to sync HTML-formatted mail
- Certificate Enrollment - Acquire certificates through the PC the Windows Mobile 6 device is currently connected to
- Allow data connections on the Windows Mobile 6 device when connected to the PC
- File synchronization for smartphones - Synchronize files with your Windows Mobile 6 devices, including both touch screen and non-touch screen devices
- Automatic device authentication - Connect the Windows Mobile device to the PC without the need to enter the device-lock PIN every time upon connect
- Product Registration - Register your Windows Mobile device and get connected to information and offers available for your device
Install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx.