Due to the popular demand of the IT Camp format we’ve changed our events to, I’m offering a new Meetup series where you can come and get the IT Camp content we’re been delivering, but in a smaller venue and on a more frequent basis. I’ve created the NYC IT Architects Meetup and you can join me this coming Thursday at 9 AM in the Microsoft NYC office from 9-12.
UPDATE 1/22: Meetups take a few days to get approved, so while I’m waiting for the Meetup to get approved and published, I’ve set up an Eventbrite registration page for Thursday’s event.You can register for the event here: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5305735598.
For those of you unfamiliar with the IT Camp format, this is a session where we provide brief presentation, discussion and hands-on-lab content for IT Professionals to learn more about Windows Server 2012, Windows Azure IaaS and System Center 2012 SP1.
Just like IT Camps, I’d STRONGLY recommend that you come with your laptop preconfigured with Windows Server 2012 setup with Hyper-V so we can dig into the details.
To fully participate in the hands-on lab session, you will need to bring your own computer (laptop preferred) with the following minimum configuration:
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB preferred)
- At least 40 GB of free disk space (75 GB preferred)
- x64 compatible processor with hardware assisted virtualization (Intel VT or AMD-V technology)
- Installed OS of Windows Server 2012 (Preferred), Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 8
- NO Drive encryption technology (Bitlocker or 3rd party)
- One Network Patch Cable
- Download Windows Server 2012 Trial
Hope to see you Thursday!