As previously announced, the 2nd Annual Techstravaganza NYC event will take place in the Microsoft NYC offices at 1290 Avenue of the Americas Friday March 30th. Registration is open so register here. Seats are limited, so be sure to do it today!
Full listings of the session tracks and additional details can be found at the event website which is located here.
IT CAMP TRACK INFO:
IMPORTANT - Note for the IT Camp track – this Hands-On Lab session is limited to the first 48 attendees and has the following requirements to fully participate in this session:
Please bring your laptop with the following minimum requirements:
· 4GB RAM
· 40 GB free disk space
· x64 compatible processor with Intel VT or AMD-V technology
· Make sure you Download and Install the Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 as a bootable OS - Our labs are based on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and attendees bringing laptops with only Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 installed will NOT be able to do the hands-on labs.
· Please ensure your network card drivers are readily available, if not already functional in Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 installation.
· Make sure you have the wireless working by adding the Wireless LAN Service Feature under Roles and Features.
· Check your BIOS and make sure that Virtualization is enabled.
We also ask that you get yourself familiar with System Center 2012 and download it beforehand. Come to the event with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Hyper-V ROLE installed to facilitate your learning on the many scenarios that we will walk through in our technical demos and hands-on labs throughout “The Future of IT” series of events. Also please take time to register and take the free trainings offered by Microsoft Virtual Academy to better understand Microsoft private cloud solutions.
Also, we highly recommend you Download Windows Server "8" Beta to experience the next release of Windows Server, Windows Server "8", which offers businesses and hosting providers a scalable, dynamic, and multitenant-aware, cloud-optimized infrastructure. It securely connects across premises and allows IT Professionals to respond to business needs faster and more efficiently.
We remind you to please arrive to the event as early as possible to ensure you can get registered, and set-up for a productive event.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!