On the Microsoft websites you will find many opportunities to sign up for essential newsletters delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. There is one place you can go to subscribe and unsubscribe to all of these newsletters – the Microsoft Profile Centre website.
There are many newsletters and the frequency of them will vary. These are the newsletters I would consider mandatory reading for IT Professionals and Developers. These will help keep you up to date, in addition to the regular postings on this website BlogMS.
- Microsoft Support Lifecycle Newsletter: A quarterly newsletter to provide information, resources and announcements related to the Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Microsoft Security Newsletter: This monthly newsletter is the authoritative information source for understanding the Microsoft security strategy and priorities. Written for IT professionals, developers, and business managers, it provides links to the latest security bulletins, FAQs, prescriptive guidance, community resources, events, and more.
- Microsoft Download Notifications: Microsoft Download Notifications help you stay up to date with the latest drivers, trial software, service packs, and other downloads from the Microsoft Download Center. Subscribe today and get a customized e-mail message each week that notifies you of new downloads available in categories you have selected.
- MSDN Flash for IT Developers: A bi-weekly newsletter featuring developer news, events and information.
- TechNet Flash for IT Professionals: A bi-weekly newsletter for the Information Technology professional – bringing you information and highlights on technology issues, trends and events from Microsoft and our partners.
- Microsoft Event and Webcast Notifications: Microsoft Event and Webcast Notifications help you stay up to date on live events and webcasts from Microsoft. Subscribe today and get a customized e-mail message each month that notifies you of upcoming events in your area and live webcasts available in categories you have selected.
Overview of the Microsoft Profile Centre
The Microsoft Profile Centre allows you to manage your personal information, subscribe to e-newsletters, and choose your marketing contact preferences for Microsoft and our trusted partners.
Your Contact Preferences:Microsoft would like to share promotional information about our products, services, and events with you. Our trusted partners can help you successfully evaluate, purchase, and deploy Microsoft software, services, and technologies.
Your Personal Information: View, add, or edit the personal information and marketing contact preferences that you have provided. Use this section to ensure that we have the most up to date information and to choose whether Microsoft or our trusted partners may contact you.
Your Business Information: View, add, or edit information about your job and your organization. Provide this information to help us personalize and recommend content that matches your job, organization, or industry.
Your Technology Preferences: View, add, or edit information about your technologies and technology interests. Provide this information to help us personalize and recommend content that matches your interests.
To access the Profile Centre website you need to have a valid Microsoft Live ID. If you don’t have an existing account you can create one by clicking the ‘Sign Up’ button on the Microsoft Profile website.
To get started you need to go to the following website: http://profile.microsoft.com/
Look for the Subscribe to Microsoft Communications or manage your existing subscriptions option on the website.
Microsoft Security Center: http://www.microsoft.com/security/
Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
MSDN Developer Center: http://msdn.microsoft.com/
TechNet Resources for IT Professionals: http://technet.microsoft.com/