On the Microsoft websites you will find many opportunities to sign up for essential newsletters delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. There is one place you can go to subscribe and unsubscribe to all of these newsletters - the Microsoft Profile Center website.
There are many newsletters and the frequency of them will vary. These are the newsletters I would consider mandatory reading to keep up to date, in addition to the regular postings on this website BlogMS.
- Microsoft Support Lifecycle Newsletter: A quarterly newsletter to provide information, resources and announcements related to the Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Microsoft Security Newsletter: This monthly newsletter is the authoritative information source for understanding the Microsoft security strategy and priorities. Written for IT professionals, developers, and business managers, it provides links to the latest security bulletins, FAQs, prescriptive guidance, community resources, events, and more.
- Microsoft Download Notifications: Microsoft Download Notifications help you stay up to date with the latest drivers, trial software, service packs, and other downloads from the Microsoft Download Center. Subscribe today and get a customized e-mail message each week that notifies you of new downloads available in categories you have selected.
- MSDN Flash for IT Developers: A bi-weekly newsletter featuring developer news, events and information.
- TechNet Flash for IT Professionals: A bi-weekly newsletter for the Information Technology professional - bringing you information and highlights on technology issues, trends and events from Microsoft and our partners.
Click on the following link for further information about how to subscribe to Microsoft Newsletters on the Microsoft Profile Center.