The Microsoft Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community.
You can participate in Microsoft Connect in several ways, such as downloading the latest software and written material, taking surveys, exchanging ideas in newsgroup forums, and, most importantly, providing and reviewing feedback about your experiences.
Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects. You can find out further details about how to participate below.
Here is an example of the ‘connections’ available:
- Business Solutions – Desktop Management Service: DMS is a new service offering that provides for the viewing, managing, and reporting on a company’s desktop HW/SW inventory, and for controlling software distribution and security patching.
- Design – Expression Studio: Customer feedback for all Expression Studio products.
- Design – Live Mesh: Tech Preview
- Developer Tools – Microsoft Code Name ‘Zermatt’: Microsoft Code Name “Zermatt” is a framework and SDK for building claims-aware, “relying party” applications and custom “identity providers”, often referred to as Security Token Services (STS).
- Mobile Devices – .NET Micro Framework: Join the .NET Micro Framework community to learn more about Microsoft’s cool new platform for resource constrained embedded devices. Participate in the beta program to help improve the product!
- Server: System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Virtual Machine Manager 2008 (VMM) BETA is a comprehensive virtual management solution optimized for Windows Server® 2008, Microsoft Virtual Server, and VMware infrastructures.
To find out how to get started, following this link: Microsoft Connect – Get Involved Early! Are you connected?