In part 9 of our “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou are back and this episode they discuss in depth the ability for DevOps organizations to scale up or scale down cloud applications. Tune in as they discuss Azure’s unique flexibility in terms of capacity planning for cloud applications.
For your free 30 day trial of Microsoft Azure go to: https://aka.ms/try-azure
· [1:07] How is planning for application capacity different when using a cloud platform?
· [4:50] How is scaling application capacity different or better when using the cloud?
· [5:52] Are there application scenarios that are particularly well-suited for scaling in the cloud?
· [14:01] Is there a way to trigger scaling operations automatically for applications in the cloud?
· [15:20] DEMO: Could you show us the basics of how this all works in Azure?
o Scaling Up Cloud Applications
o How to Scale Out Cloud applications on a schedule
o Auto-Scaling Cloud Applications