Today, Windows Azure announced enhancements and changes in the Windows Azure Offer available to BizSpark members through their MSDN subscriptions. For a comprehensive review of the changes, you should read Scott Guthrie’s two blog posts about the matter:
Here are a few highlights that we think BizSpark members might find particularly interesting:
- The way BizSpark members received their Windows Azure benefits has been simplified. Starting in August, members will receive a monthly credit to use for whatever Windows Azure Services they want.
- Billing is now calculated per-minute for Virtual Machines, Web roles and Worker roles.
- When you stop a VM, you won’t be charged compute time while it is stopped – yet your deployment state and configuration will still be preserved.
- Your monthly credits will last even longer with new discounted hourly rates for several Windows Azure services.
- You can now use your MSDN dev/test software licenses on Windows Azure, reducing time and resources needed to set up dev/test environments. This cloud use right applies to all software except Windows Client.
- BizSpark members can continue to use their MSDN Azure subscriptions for production use.
- BizSpark members who have already activated their Windows Azure MSDN – Visual Studio Ultimate subscription will be automatically migrated to a new BizSpark offer in August that will provide continued production use rights. No action is needed.
We are excited about today’s announcements, especially the increased flexibility, discounts and per-minute billing that can help BizSpark startups save money as they build in the cloud.
For additional questions on your BizSpark Windows Azure benefits, please email email@example.com