Over the past few weeks, here’s a sampling of news highlights of members of the BizSpark One program, identifying a small number of the best companies in BizSpark, which is now comprised of over 45,000 startups.
Week of October 9-15 and 16-22
- § Calinda Software, focused on productive enterprise collaboration software and creators of SocialFactor365, continues to be a featured and highly-rated application in the Office 365 Marketplace.
- § An interview with Patrick Carter, CEO of Digital Folio, a multi-channel, real-time shopping platform, was featured in TechRockies.com, a local technology site covering news from the Rocky Mountain region.
- § BizSpark One alum Gridsum, provider of online business optimization solutions that help customers measure and analyze website performance, expanded their global coverage and simplified their IT maintenance with the Windows Azure Platform – read more in the case study here.
- § Kobo, a global eBook retailer with 5 million users continues to expand its international footprint, announced partnerships with leading retailers, WHSmith in the UK and FNAC in France.
- § Panopto, provider of presentation capture and management solutions for the education, corporate, government and healthcare markets announced a milestone of securing 400 education institutional licensing agreements bringing its user count to more than 2.7 million students. Panopto Executive Chairman notes its beginnings as a Carnegie Mellon spin-off as a great advantage and source of insight into what educators and students look for in a lecture capture solution.
- § StorSimple, a leading provider of enterprise cloud storage, hosted a joint webinar with Forrester Research focused on the cost benefit of integrated enterprise cloud storage – comparing the capital, operational and staffing cost differences between traditional storage and cloud storage.
- § SundaySky, provider of automated and scalable online video production, announced a partnership with StudioNow, a division of AOL’s Advertising Group. The partnership will extend SundaySky’s sales channel and introduce its video capabilities to new markets such as real estate, financial services, automotive sales and various retail segments.