Over the past week, here’s a sampling of news highlights of members of the BizSpark One program, identifying a small number of the best companies in BizSpark, which is now comprised of over 40,000 startups.
Week of September 25 – October 1, 2011
- · Flite, a leader in cloud-based advertising, launched FliteHub, an online marketplace of ad components powered by third-party services. FliteHub empowers brands to program display ads that deliver the best of the web directly in the ad unit, increasing user engagement, brand recall, and purchase intent.
- · Kobojo, one of the European leaders in the social gaming universe, announced the opening of its new office in Madrid as it continues to expand internationally, particularly to Latin America with this latest announcement.
- · LiquidSpace, the mobile application that helps anyone find a great space to work in real-time, was reviewed in the latest issue of Inc. Magazine.
- · Soundtracker, geosocial internet radio, was highlighted in the Windows Phone Marketplace as a Featured app. Soundtracker will soon be releasing its app for Windows Phone Mango, recently previewed in the Italian blog for Windows Phone.
- · Yammer, focused on enterprise social networking, received $17M in financing, led by Chamath Palihapitiya, a former Facebook executive through his Social + Capital Partnership fund. Charles River Ventures, Emergence Capital and U.S. Venture Partners also participated in the funding. This brings Yammer’s total financing to-date to $57M.