Every day, we’re excited to see the growth and successes emanating from the startups in the BizSpark program. The BizSpark One program identifies a small number of the best companies in BizSpark, which is now comprised of over 40,000 startups.
Whether it’s raising a new round of funding, winning startup competitions or being highlighted by analysts and media, we’re honored to recognize and work with these companies. Just over this past week, here are some of the news highlights of BizSpark One members –
Week of August 7-13, 2011
- § BizSpark One alum, Apprenda, the deploy anywhere Platform as a Service stack for .NET, closed a $10 million Series B round of funding, led by Ignition Partners with participation from New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and High Peaks Venture Partners.
- § Clever Sense, creator of ‘Alfred’, a mobile application that curates recommendations in tune with your tastes, was featured in Fortune, recapping Clever Sense’s win at the Brainstorm Tech’s Startup Idol competition.
- § Evernote, a cloud-based service that helps you remember everything, was highlighted in Mashable, with CEO Phil Libin discussing why Evernote bet the success of the company on mobile and social media.
- § LiquidSpace, an application that connects people seeking workspace with venues that have space to share, was featured in a MIT Technology Review article, highlighting apps that enable a mobile workforce to find office space anytime, anywhere.
- § Metaio, a leader in augmented reality technology, was featured in TechCrunch, showing the Metaio vision in action through a demo of an “Augmented City”.
- § News360, a next-generation news personalization and aggregation service, launched its version 2.0, introducing new personalization features that present content that is relevant just for you as it learns from your activity on Facebook, Twitter and other social web services.
- § ParcelGenie, an instant gift messaging service was named as one of the five winners out of more than 1500 entries in Metro’s competition to uncover England’s most innovative new enterprises.