Last year we got a really nice new hi-def TV. Unfortunately, we have an old non-progressive scan, non-up-converting DVD player. So, we need a new DVD player anyway, so how about getting an Xbox 360 to fill in as DVD player? In addition, the DVD player can also act as a media extender, and can:
- Display images off the main family computer
- Play music off the main family computer
- Play DVDs (up-converting and progressive scan)
- Play music and MP3 CDs
- Allow chat, etc. on Xbox Live
- (Oh, and it can play games too!)
I really think this is the way to go...