Well, I'm back from a nice trip to visit family in beatiful Scottsdale, Arizona. I lived in Scottsdale for about 5 years prior to moving to the Seattle area. The Valley of the Sun is about the nicest place on earth this time of year, with high temperatures in the low 70s and lows that get down into the 40s. It was shorts weather in Arizona, compared to bundle up weather here.
Things I did in Arizona:
- Ran 3 days, including an 8.5 mile long run
- Went to the Phoenix Zoo where they have a new exhibit called "Monkey Village". In this exhibit, you get to go into an enclosure with 11 spider monkeys who are running around close enough where you could reach out and touch them. It was really cool!
- Helped my brother in law put together a basketball hoop (woohoo!)
- Ate turkey with all the trimmings
- Went to In and Out Burger (one of my top 2 burger places, along with White Castle!)
Not too exciting, I'll admit, but nice and relaxing.