I was wondering if anyone was reading my posts, because I hadn’t received any comments in well over a week. I was actually thinking of writing a post entitled “Blogging To Myself”, since no one seemed to be reading or responding to what I was posting…
Well, it finally dawned on me what the problem was. When I joined MS, they assigned me an alias (i.e., the first part of your email address) of “willcan”. Since at Microsoft, the culture is to actually refer to people by their aliases almost as much as by their names, I figured that it was probably important to get this changed to something that I could live with. I therefore put in a request to change my alias to “billcan”.
Anyway, when I created this blog, I set my email address to firstname.lastname@example.org in the blog software, and messages were getting through. However, about a week ago my alias changed, and along with it my email address. Unfortunately, the blog software was still sending comments to my old email address. I think you can see the disconnect….
Long story short, the situation is fixed as of a few minutes ago. If you had any comments on previous posts, please visit my main blog page at http://blogs.msdn.com/billcan and repost any comments you feel are appropriate. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.