Register for Beta Exam 71-663: Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

You are invited to take beta exam 71-663: Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010If you pass the beta exam, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form.

By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.

71-663: Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 counts as credit towards the following certification(s).

ยท          Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010

Registration begins: November 23, 2009

Beta exam period runs: December 1, 2009โ€“ December 21, 2009

Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.

Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions).  All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.

Regional Restrictions: India, Pakistan, China

Registration Information

You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam:

To register in North America, please call:

Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)

Outside the U.S./Canada, please contact:

1. A quick question. What is the retake policy on beta exams? If you don’t pass it will it show up on your official transcript as a fail/not-pass? Thank you.

Excited about this beta exam.  I’m glad that it’s happening now, with the completed Exchange 2010 documentation available…

@J. If Prometric hasn’t done so before, they are doing it now–trying to register for a beta you’re already registered for leads you to a "you can’t re-take a beta exam" message (paraphrased).  Just found this out when I tried to see what Prometric would tell me if I tried registering for a beta whose seats are already taken.  ๐Ÿ™‚

@byty I suggest subscribing to this blog per RSS or–better yet, if you haven’t yet–if you know your stuff about a particular product series, register as a subject matter expert (SME) for that product and receive early notification.  Since they still advertise the SME survey in posts about upcoming beta exams on the Born to Learn blog, I assume registrations for that are on-going.

ilem is right, you can’t retake a beta exam, at least not with the same Prometric account.

Prometric also won’t let you reschedule the exam to a different state. Once when I tried to reschedule a beta exam from a Kentucky center to an Indiana center, the system still displayed the Kentucky centers even after choosing Indiana. I cancelled the exam and tried to reapply, but the system said you can only sign up for a beta exam once [even if you cancel it!].

4. Thank you for the info confirmation J.

5. Hi,

I did register with prometric well in time and could use the voucher code however, when i tried to print the receipt before i go to the exam i noticed that they cancelled my exam without any notification or confirmation.

what can i do?

promo code is not working. Prometric says – "timeout expired"…

7. packetboy says:

Hi I did the beta exam in SCOM and failed it didnt show in my MS transcript at all just in my prometric account.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this helps,

8. packetboy is correct.

Failures never show up on your MS transcript. However, every exam you take with Prometric shows up on theirs.

Retake is technically the same for betas but given that they tend to sell out so quickly, you probably won’t get the chance to retake.

I also had a confirmed registration and just got back from my testing center. They told me there is no record of me that I registered the exam.

I called Prometric and they told me that there were 300 spots, but they had 1000 registrations. On behalve of Microsoft they canceld 700 exams, but probably forgot to send a cancelation e-mail.

Prometric told me also that the 700 canceled candidates will receive an e-mail from microsoft (probably next week) were they offer the live exam 070-663 free of any cost.

I have just returned from the test centre and I am very annoyed.  My booking had been cancelled without any warning.

I had an email confirmation of my booking and took a print out of my booking.  The test centre and I both immediately and independently escalated the issue with Prometric who simply apologised stating that Microsoft had asked them to cancel my booking and that I should have received an email a few days ago.  Obviously I have not received the email.  I have wasted half of the day including lost income and travel costs.

I believe that Prometric and Microsoft have handled this situation in a shoddy and unprofessional manner.  I like many other people volunteer our time to test and gain experience with beta software, I have also taken the Exchange 2010 beta course – five days of tedium.  In recognition, I attempt to take the beta exams and hope to demonstrate certified expertise ahead of most other candidates.

I feel like this has been a slap in the face for me and the many loyal Microsoft specialists and beta testers.

Let’s have some sensible apology, compensation and recognition for this shambles.

And… this is full ๐Ÿ™ I seen it to late..