Ende letzter Woche wurde das Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit in der Version 6.5 veröffentlicht.
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless, automated, multi-product planning and assessment tool for quicker and easier desktop and server migrations. MAP provides detailed readiness assessment reports and executive proposals with extensive hardware and software information, and actionable recommendations to help organizations accelerate their IT infrastructure planning process, and gather more detail on assets that reside within their current environment. MAP also provides private and public cloud planning assessments, and server utilization data for Hyper-V server virtualization planning; identifying server placements, and performing virtualization candidate assessments, including ROI analysis for server consolidation with Hyper-V. Other significant new features in MAP 6.5 include the discovery of active Windows devices, Software Usage Tracking for Forefront Endpoint Protection (FEP), and the discovery of Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers with HP-UX to assist in the planning of migration to SQL Server.
Key features and benefits of MAP 6.5 help you:
- Accelerate private and public cloud planning with Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Onboarding.
- Simplify SQL Server migration planning for the private cloud through the Database Consolidation Appliance
- Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure platform.
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory.
- Assess your usage of Microsoft software with the Software Usage Tracking feature.
- Discover Oracle instances on Itanium-based servers for migration to SQL Server.