Well the first patch for BDD 2007 has been released, download it here.
This fixes a number of those niggling BDD issues, hopefully making your BDD experience a happier one!
Here are my highlights:
- You no longer need to use the work around's I detailed here when deploying Vista patches with BDD. Patches can now be imported directly into the workbench as MSU files.
- USMT 3.01 is now downloadable from the workbench.
- The issues around the detection multiple PnP IDs on a single INF file line, when importing drivers into the deployment workbench.
Be sure to use the correct installation command line as detailed by Michael Niehaus. If you do not install the patch in the correct manner you may find that it has changed your customized scripts or even updated the location of the distribution share in the registry. Here are some alternatives:
1. Replace all the files with new versions from the patch, without disturbing registry entries:
msiexec /update BDD2007_x86_Patch1.msp REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=as
2. Update without replacing modified scripts:
msiexec /p BDD2007_Patch1_x86.msp REINSTALL=ALL /quiet