If you’re a big fan of Windows 8 like me, you must be wondering when UAG will support it. If so, the good news is that the UAG product team has formally announced upcoming support for it. In a few short months (1st quarter of 2013), SP3 for UAG will be released, and it will provide support for:
- Using Windows 8 (with Internet Explorer 10) as a client, supporting the full UAG client components
- Support for using Windows 8 clients as DirectAccess clients
- Publishing Exchange 2013 via a new template
- Publishing SharePoint 2013 via a new template
- Connecting to SharePoint using Office 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Connecting to Exchange using Outlook 2013
- Using RDP 8.0 clients to connect to Remote Desktop applications published by UAG
Naturally, the SP will address other issues and offer additional improvements. I will update this with new information, as it becomes available.
Looking forward to having this SP available soon!