The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations - including the Windows Azure Platform. It gets your cloud migration planning process going with automated discovery and detailed inventory reporting of web applications, application portfolios, and database readiness for the Windows Azure platform.
Catalog all of the applications in your environment:
Inventory and report on web application portfolios and SQL Server database instances in your environment.
Azure Readiness Assessment & Capacity Assessment:
- Estimate the needed capacity to run your applications on the Windows Azure Platform
- Evaluate applications based on migration difficulty
- Stack rank applications in terms of migration suitability
- Obtain a TCO-ROI analysis for the application
- Helps you to plan for the migration of on-premises workloads to Windows Azure and SQL Azure
Other MAP scenario’s: