All organizations need to manage identities, credentials, and resources. Some lucky organizations only have to deal with one directory, but most have to deal with multiple directory trees and application-specific identity sources. The IT departments in those organizations are expected to deliver this management efficiently, cost-effectively, and securely. Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM) is a component of Microsoft’s Identity & Access Management solution that brings powerful capabilities, administrative tools, and enhanced automation to organizations to help them efficiently manage identities.
We recently announced the RTM of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM). FIM is not Microsoft’s first identity management solution; it has evolved from Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM) 2007, which was previously Microsoft Identity Integration Server (MIIS) 2003, which originated from Microsoft Metadirectory Services (MMS).
Find out how FIM makes identity management easier on TechNet Edge or watch one or more of following videos:
- Identity and Access Management Solution
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010: Technical Overview and Feature drill-down
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010: Deploying FIM
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010: Reducing cost of group management
- Channel 9 Video: Alex Weinert on Forefront Identity Manager 2010
Want to try it out yourself? Download the trial of Forefront Identity Manager 2010.