Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) protects Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2007 environments against malware and spam. Earlier this week at TechEd in Berlin, Microsoft President Stephen Elop announced the general availability of Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange (video from TechEd Europe 2009). The evaluation version of Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange is now available for download.
FPE is the next generation of Forefront Security for Exchange Server, and the first in the Forefront 2010 wave of product releases. It is a key component of the Secure Messaging solution which is one of five solutions we are bringing to market this year to deliver the value of Business Ready Security to customers.
Customers also have the choice of using the hosted Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) service, or both offerings (FPE and FOPE) together for defense-in-depth.
New features in Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server include:
- Premium anti-spam protection, with 99% detection rate, less than 1 in 250,000 false positives, and backscatter filtering
- New user interface with dashboard view of detection statistics and health monitoring
- Antispyware scanning provided by the Microsoft Antimalware Engine
- Support for Exchange 2010, Windows PowerShell, and Hyper-V
- Standardized installation using MSI installer
- Official Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange website
- Trial software download
- White Papers
- Forefront team blog
- Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (at time of posting: #7 with findings of January - July 2009)
- Video: Comparing FPE and Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE)