Have you ever thought about monitoring your SQL Server installation from Windows Vista Sidebar?
Well, you can install and download it for free at http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2007/08/09/Announcing-SQL-Server-Monitor-Gadget-for-Windows-Vista-Sidebar.aspx.
The gadget monitors a specified SQL Server database for various metrics and displays them on the Windows Vista Sidebar. It is provided for use by SQL Server DBAs that require a nice'n'easy way of monitoring important metrics on their SQL Server installations. In version 1 the gadget provides the following information:
- Data file size - total file size of the database data files
- Data file used - amount of used space on those data files
- Data file used % - The percentage of the total data size that has been used
- Log file size - total file size of the database log files
- Log file used - amount of used space on those log files
- Log file used % - The percentage of the total log size that has been used