Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0 RC can be used by computers running Windows 7 when connecting to internal corporate networks with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012 RC. It improves the DirectAccess connection experience, supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users and helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users.
DCA 2.0 RC provides the following functionality:
• Provides DirectAccess users with connectivity information. Users can view their DirectAccess connectivity status at all times.
• Provides diagnostics and troubleshooting features. DCA 2.0 RC provides tools to help users reconnect if problems arise, and create diagnostics to provide IT administrators with troubleshooting information.
• Supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users required to authenticate using OTP.
Note: DCA 2.0 RC can be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2012 RC computer. It can be installed on Windows 7 computers that do not have DCA installed, or on computers running DCA 1.0 or DCA 1.5. DCA 2.0 RC should not be installed on computers running Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It should also not be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 computer or on a Forefront UAG server.
The download includes the following components:
• A zip file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC.zip) containing a collection of all the files in this download.
• GPO templates (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_GP.adml; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_GP.admx) for configuring DCA settings on client computers.
• Installation files (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_x64.msi; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_x86.msi) required to install the application on 64-bit or 32-bit client computers.
• An administrators guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_AdminGuide.docx) that describes how to configure the GPO templates, and install the application.
• A zip file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_RC_UserGuide.zip) containing an end-user help file that can be distributed to client computers running DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0. The zip file contains the document in all languages supported by DCA 2.0 RC.
Note that when you install DCA 2.0, the .msi file runs in English. After Setup, the DCA user interface appears on the end-user computer in the language specified by the operating system.