We are pleased to announce that the beta versions of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 5.0 and a new MDOP product Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) are now available for download from
UE-V is an enterprise-scale user state virtualization solution that delivers a user’s personal Windows experience across devices, is simple for IT to deploy, and easily integrates with existing management tools.
Some of the main features of UE-V are:
- Users retain their application experience without having to reconfigure applications when they log in from a different Windows instance – regardless of whether it is a rich desktop or virtual desktop session.
- Automatically delivers a personal experience to Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 8 based devices, giving users the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- If a user accidently applies unwanted changes, IT can simply roll back to the initial state.
- Seamlessly integrates with Microsoft desktop virtualization products to roam the user experience in heterogeneous environments.
Some of the new features in the App-V 5.0 Beta are:
- Flexible virtualization choices let virtual applications work more like traditionally installed applications, allowing local and virtual applications to communicate and enabling control of which virtual applications can share environments.
- There’s no dedicated drive letter required, and no 4 gigabyte maximum package size. It’s easy for IT to work with and take action on App-V diagnostic information because App-V logs Windows events instead of separate log files.
- Easy and efficient to use in VDI environments, allowing IT to make the best use of expensive disk resources without changing the way they get their jobs done.
- Web-based management makes it easy for busy IT professionals to get their work done while away from their desk.
- Rich PowerShell scripting allows IT to automate repetitive tasks and to integrate App-V with existing processes.