My brother was using a Windows 7 machine and all of a sudden while he was sending an email, Windows 7 got hibernated. When he told me something like this happened, I just told him that every time the battery goes low you should be getting an low battery indicator or some balloon pop up in system tray.
I told him to check Power Management settings to see if there is any missing setting about battery, and realized that the low battery indicator was OFF and that’s the reason there was no notification & laptop switched to Hibernate mode without any prompt.
This is the place where you can get it up…Apparently the setting below was OFF.
Here are the steps to follow to turn it ON…
Please follow these steps to change your power settings.
1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.
2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings under the selected plan.
3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
4. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Battery, expand Low battery notification, click On battery, click the arrow, and then click On.
5. Click OK, and then click Save changes.
HAPPY POWER SAVING !!!