Thank you all for attending the sessions during this series of Microsoft Virtual TechDays. Like a said during my presentations here is the complete list of all the resources that you will need to jump start the deployment of the technologies that we discussed.
Sessions on 18th Aug. 2010
First Session – Developers Track: Leveraging Federated Search to Search Custom Data
My SQL Server Database used is AdventureWorks Database for SQL Server 2008 R2
Download it here The site also includes all the installation instructions for deploying the database on your development environment.
MSDN Windows Federated Search & related content below
- Connecting Your Web Service in Windows Federated Search
- Enabling Your Data Store in Windows Federated Search
- Creating an OpenSearch Description File in Windows Federated Search
- Deploying Search Connectors in Windows Federated Search
- Overview of the Search Connector Description Schema
- Extending the Index
Federated Search in SharePoint Server Search & related content below
- Federated Search Overview
- Architecture Guidance for Building Federated Search Connectors
- Location Definition File Schema Reference
- Code Sample: Federated Search SQL Server Connector
Second Session – IT Professionals Track: Windows Sysinternals Primer
I hope that all the IT Professionals enjoyed this particular session that covers a lot more deep dive information about Windows Internals. Here are some of the useful resources that you can leverage in your day to day operations for troubleshooting common issues.
- Sysinternals Website: http://www.sysinternals.com/ –> will redirect to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/default(en-us).aspx
- Mark Russinovich’s Blog http://blogs.technet.com/b/MarkRussinovich
- Blog posts and utilities by Aaron Margosis http://blogs.msdn.com/b/aaron_margosis & http://blogs.technet.com/b/fdcc
- Sysinternals Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/Sysinternals
- Sysinternals Live Site: http://live.sysinternals.com
- UNC syntax requires WebClient service \live.sysinternals.comtools
- Sysinternals Community: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/sysinternals/bb469929(en-us).aspx
Sessions on 19th Aug. 2010
Thirt Session – IT Professionals Track: Tips & Tricks for Planning, Deploying and Troubleshooting the Microsoft Office Live Meeting Service
I really enjoyed showing all the features to all the attendees of the Microsoft Office Live Meeting and I really hope that you will test the Live Meeting in your environment and leverage all the tips & tricks shared during the my presentation.
The first resource is http://www.livemeeting.com for all the product overview, features & information.
- Test Live Meeting: free 30 days trial: https://mocp.microsoftonline.com/site/default.aspx (BPOS Link)
- Office Live Meeting Resource Center: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/livemeeting/default.aspx
- MSDN Resources: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/aa905513.aspx
- TechNet Resources: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/msonline/livemeeting/default.aspx
- Online Services Resource for Live Meeting on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc761476.aspx (Common FAQs)
Well, that’s all. Thank you all for attending Microsoft Virtual TechDays for this quarter and making it a huge success. Looking forward to see you all in upcoming events.