One of the best features that is being discussed around is the native support for VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) Yes the same VHD files that are used in virtualization platform i.e.. Hyper-V, Virtual Server and Virtual PC.
This is the first part and we are going to cover the following demos, today we will see the following key items.
- Creating native Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) in Windows 7
- Attaching and Detaching the VHD file
This is the second part and we will cover the following key points.
- Creating and Attaching VHDs using Diskpart utility
- Installing OS into VHD using ImageX
- Detaching the VHD using Diskpart utility
- Adding the VHD entry in Boot Menu for VHD Boot and then Boot from VHD
- Booting a Windows 7 VHD or Windows Server 2008 R2 VHD
- Post installation configuration in the booted VHD
For more information visit my blog posts for more info