The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is a set of tools and documentation that support the configuration and the deployment of Microsoft® Windows® operating systems. This guide describes the current methods, tools, and requirements for deploying Windows.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Supported Operating Systems You can install the Windows AIK to the following operating systems: Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2003.
To download the Windows AIK documentation:
- 1. Start the download by clicking the Download button on this page.
- 2. Click Save to save the .zip file to your computer.
- 3. Open the .zip file and drag the .chm and other files to a folder on your computer.
- 4. Open the .chm file or .rtf file to ensure that you can open the files.
If you experience problems opening the .chm file, use the following workaround.
- 1. Right-click the .chm file, and then click Properties.
- 2. Click Unblock.
- 3. Double-click the .chm file to open the file.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge-Base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902225/