Call to action:
- Download either the Full Software install or the pre-configured VHD from https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=799
- To get assistance with the beta please participate in the public forums for SCVMM. These forums are linked here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/virtualmachinemanager
- To provide feedback on the beta, use the "Feedback" link on the Connect site to log your feedback.
What is VMM 2008 R2 Beta and what are its new capabilities?
VMM 2008 R2 Beta is a comprehensive management solution for virtualized infrastructure that takes advantage of many of the great new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta including:
- Live Migration: Enables the movement of running virtual machines from one virtual host to another with no downtime.
- Clustered Shared Volumes: Helps enable Live Migration and eliminates the previous one LUN per virtual machine requirement thus simplifying SAN administration.
- Hot addition/removal of storage: Allows the addition and removal of new virtual hard disks (VHDs) and iSCSI pass-through disks running on virtual infrastructure.
- Networking optimizations: two new technologies — Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) and Chimney – provide increased network throughput while reducing CPU load.
Note: If you are unable to access the download location using the given link. Use the following link, fill up the nomination survey form and the you will be able to access the downloads.
For more information visit: System Center Virtual Machine Manager TechCenter