For those of you who were wondering how to fill those public holidays over the next month, you now have the answer. This was previously known as the Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit, but has been updated for Windows 10, Version 1709 along with some other updates.
The Microsoft 365 powered device lab kit is an updated version of the Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit. This lab is designed to help you plan your deployment of modern devices running Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 365 Pro Plus, managed by Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Extending the value of Microsoft 365, Microsoft 365 powered device makes security the top priority, helps ease deployment and management, delivers the latest innovation to users, and provides robust insights that enable IT teams to proactively run and manage their businesses.
This evaluation lab kit features:
A complete lab environment
The lab includes the latest evaluation versions of:
- Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
- System Center Configuration Manager, version 1702
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10, version 1709
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (8443)
- Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring 2.5 SP1
- Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Step-by-step lab guides
Illustrated lab guides take you through multiple deployment and management scenarios:
- Windows Analytics Update Compliance
- Servicing Windows 10 with Configuration Manager
- Servicing Office 365 ProPlus with Configuration Manager
Deployment and management
- Servicing Configuration Manager
- Modern Device Deployment
- Modern Device Management
- Office 365 ProPlus DeploymentBIOS to UEFI Conversion
- Modern Application Management
- Enterprise State Roaming
- Windows Information Protection
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Windows Defender Application Guard
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Windows Hello
- Credential Guard
- Device Encryption (MBAM)
- Device Guard - User Mode Code Integrity
- Remote Access (VPN)
- Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness
- Desktop Bridges
- Browser Compatibility
- Windows App Certification Kit
- Application Virtualization
English (United States)
The lab kit consists of two self-extracting zip files: the lab environment and the lab guides.
Carefully read the information below before you continue with the download.
Microsoft 365 powered device lab kit system requirements:
The lab supports the 64-bit editions of Windows 10, Version 1709 and Windows Server 2016 which must be imported to set up a lab once Hyper-V is installed.
The Hyper-V Host on which the Windows 10 PoC Lab needs to be imported must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Hyper-V role installed
- Administrative rights on the device
- 150 GB of free disk space (300 GB recommended)
- High-throughput disk subsystem
- 16 GB of available memory (32 GB recommended)
- High-end processor for faster processing
- An External virtual switch in Hyper-V connecting to the external adapter of the host machine for internet connectivity named External 2
- A Private virtual switch in Hyper-V for private connectivity between the virtual machines named HYD-Corpnet
- The required hardware will vary based on the scale of the provisioned lab and the physical resources assigned to each virtual machine.
Please use a broad bandwidth to download this content to enhance your downloading experience. Lab expires March 6, 2018. A new version will be published prior to expiration.
Things to Know
This lab kit contains evaluation software that is designed for IT professionals interested in evaluating Windows 10 deployment and management products and tools on behalf of their organization. We do not recommend that you install this evaluation if you are not an IT professional or are not professionally managing corporate networks or devices. Additionally, the lab environment is intended for evaluation purposes only. It is a standalone virtual environment and should not be used or connected to your production environment.