It's been a while since I've promoted the MAP Toolkit, but for those looking to inventory their environment to assist in upgrade planning, the latest update includes support for targeting SQL Server 2017, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Office 2016 and Office 365.
MAP is an agentless, automated, multi-product planning and assessment tool for quicker and easier desktop, server and cloud migrations. MAP provides detailed readiness assessment reports and executive proposals with extensive hardware and software information, and actionable recommendations to help organizations accelerate their IT infrastructure planning process, and gather more detail on assets that reside within their current environment. MAP also provides server utilization data for Hyper-V server virtualization planning; identifying server placements, and performing virtualization candidate assessments. Learn more.
The MAP Toolkit includes the following components:
- MAPSetup.exe. Installation package containing the tool and SQL LocalDB.
- readme_en.htm. Available as a separate download. Provides information to read before installing the MAP Toolkit, including installation prerequisites and known issues.
- MAP_Sample_Documents.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample reports and proposals.
- MAP_Training_Kit.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample database and instructions for completing various exercises.
MAP Toolkit Support:
- The MAP FAQ http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=233058
- The MAP Technet Forum http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=233057
- The MAP Training Kit with sample database http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=196614