Over on the Windows Analytics blog they posted the general availability of Windows Analytics: Update Compliance. For those of you unfamiliar with Windows Analytics, it is one of Microsoft's Operations Management Suite offerings. This solution collects system data including update installation status, Windows Update for Business configuration data, Windows Defender status data and sends that data to be analysed. To start learning more and set up a free trial, head on over to the Windows Analytics page.
Update Compliance provides the following:
- Dedicated drill-downs for devices that might need attention
- An inventory of devices, including the version of Windows they are running and their update status
- The ability to track protection and threat status for Windows Defender Antivirus-enabled devices
- An overview of WUfB deferral configurations (Windows 10 Anniversary Update  and later)
- Powerful built-in log analytics to create useful custom queries
- Cloud-connected access utilizing Windows 10 telemetry means no need for new complex, customized infrastructure