Over on docs.microsoft.com you can now find the Performance Tuning Guidelines for Windows Server 2016, which includes performance and tuning guidance for Windows Server 2016 across these tuning categories.
This guide has had a pretty major overhaul, here are the changes so far
- Updates to Active Directory guidance section
- Updates to File Server guidance section
- Updates to Web Server guidance section
- Updates to Hardware Power guidance section
- Updates to PowerShell tuning guidance section
- Significant updates to the Hyper-V guidance section
- Performance Tuning for Workloads removed, pointers to relevant resources added to Additional Tuning Resources article
- Removal of dedicated storage sections, in favor of new Storage Spaces Direct section and canonical Technet content
- Removal of dedicated networking section, in favor of canonical Technet content
One of the great things about moving to the docs platform is that you can easily download the content as PDF files, but it’s important to remember that another benefit is the ease with which docs content can be updated, so don’t rely on that offline copy of the documentation for too long or you might miss out on some important updates.