Even though I usually prefer to build out my own hardware environments for testing things out, this isn’t always an option, and sometimes it’s just easier to work with something that someone else has created, and provided step by step lab documentation for. If you are looking at testing out some Windows Server 2016 labs, you can register for them here.
Gain hands-on experience with the new version of Windows Server in security, software-defined datacenter and containers, using the latest virtual labs.
Guided labs make it easy to check out what’s new without spending time and money to install and configure an environment. Using the virtual labs for Windows Server 2016 you can learn about what the new technology does and how to configure it. It’s not a video, a demo you watch, or a simulator; it’s you connecting with your browser, on your PC, to our lab for free.
When you sign in with your Microsoft account you’ll be able to access any of the individual labs in a private, sandboxed environment. It all adds up to about 6 hours of content, and you can come back later if you need to.
Check out each of these 60-minute experiences:
- Implementing Breach Resistance Security in Windows Server 2016
- Shielded Virtual Machines
- Building a Storage Infrastructure on Windows Server 2016
- Installing and Managing Nano Server
- Exploring Virtualization on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Failover Clustering and Rolling Cluster Upgrades
- Implementing a Software Defined Network with Windows Server 2016