As I alluded to in a recent post, a new release of the Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit has been made available. It’s been updated with Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 and Windows ADK 1607, and has new labs covering Windows Information Protection and Upgrade Analytics.
Here’s more information from the TechNet Evaluation Center.
The Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit provides you with a hands-on lab environment for evaluating the latest Microsoft products and tools available for managing your Windows 10 deployment. The kit includes:
The lab includes the latest evaluation versions of:
- Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1607 (updated from 1511)
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager 1511 (can be updated to current build)
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10, version 1607 (updated from 1511)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 2
- Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring 2.5 SP1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- SQL Server 2014
Step-by-step lab guides
Illustrated lab guides take you through multiple deployment and management scenarios:
- In-Place Upgrade
- Image Creation
- Lite-Touch Deployment
- Zero-Touch Deployment
- Managing Windows 10 with Configuration Manager
- Windows Information Protection (NEW!)
- Code Integrity
- Windows 10 Provisioning
- Application Compatibility
- Application Virtualization
- Web Application Compatibility
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring
- Secure Host
- Credential Guard
- Windows Store for Business
- Upgrade Analytics (NEW!)
Carefully read the information below before you continue with the download.
Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit system requirements
The lab supports the 64-bit editions of Windows 10 RTM and Windows Server 2012 R2. It must be imported to set up a lab once Hyper-V is installed.
The Hyper-V Host on which the Windows 10 PoC Lab needs to be imported must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Hyper-V role installed
- Administrative rights on the device
- 300 gigabytes of free disk space
- High-throughput disk subsystem
- 32 gigabytes of available memory
- High-end processor for faster processing
- An External virtual switch in Hyper-V connecting to the external adapter of the host machine for internet connectivity named External 2
- A Private virtual switch in Hyper-V for private connectivity between the virtual machines named HYD-Corpnet
The required hardware will vary based on the scale of the provisioned lab and the physical resources assigned to each virtual machine.
Lab expires December 8, 2016. A new version will be published prior to expiration.
Things to Know
This lab kit contains evaluation software that is designed for IT professionals interested in evaluating Windows 10 deployment and management products and tools on behalf of their organization. We do not recommend that you install this evaluation if you are not an IT professional or are not professionally managing corporate networks or devices. Additionally, the lab environment is intended for evaluation purposes only. It is a standalone virtual environment and should not be used or connected to your production environment.
Things to Know