Hi folks, Ned here again. After much noodling and work here with our TechNet writer team, there is a new, consolidated set of info for Windows Time (w32time) in all of our operating systems, to include Windows 7 and Win2008 R2. All of it can be found here:
This includes updated info on:
- Where to Find Windows Time Service Configuration Information
- What is the Windows Time Service?
- Importance of Time Protocols
- How the Windows Time Service Works
- Windows Time Service Tools and Settings
I think you’ll find this useful, make sure to give it a look. A huge thanks to Bob Drake, Kurt, and Jarrett for making this happen.
PS: The phrase “one stop shop” is the pet peeve of David Fisher. If you ever find yourself talking to him, make sure you use it often.
- Ned “tick tock you don’t stop” Pyle