You can stop yelling at me, it’s released:
The DFS Replication Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007 monitors the health of the DFS Replication service on Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2008 computers. This management pack monitors events generated by the DFS Replication service. These events provide an insight into the health of the service and folders replicated on monitored computers. This management pack includes a dashboard view which can be used to monitor replication backlogs.
The management pack also features consolidation rules that monitor computers for frequent occurrences of certain operational conditions such as staging cleanups, sharing violations, replication conflicts etc.
The following features are new in this release of the DFS Replication Management Pack:
- Alerts indicating outages of the DFS Replication service on monitored computers.
- Alerts indicating configuration issues that require administrative intervention.
- Dashboard view that enables tracking of replication backlogs on monitored computers.
- Tracking of intermittent operational conditions. These conditions are tracked by the management pack and show up either as warnings/errors. Transient warnings/errors flagged for conditions that are resolved over time are automatically corrected by the management pack, once those conditions are resolved.
- Intuitive state view indicating red, yellow and green states of the service, replication groups, and replicated folders configured on monitored computers.
- Monitoring of important service parameters such as staging area usage and replication conflicts generated.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86); Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions; Windows Server 2008
Other Software: System Center Operation Manager 2007
Big thanks to MaheshU for letting everyone know the instant it was out.
– Ned ‘you hurt me with your words’ Pyle