Ned here again. If you are at all interested in security, here is a must-read:
This covers trends and perspectives on:
- Software vulnerabilities (both in Microsoft software and in third-party software)
- Software exploits
- Security and privacy breaches
- Malicious and potentially unwanted software
- E-mail, spam, and phishing
It’s not for the skimmer – it’s 184 pages of very detailed analysis, and some of them are eye-opening. Such as the finding that industry-wide, roughly 90% of all vulnerabilities in this period were found to be in applications and browsers, not operating systems. What’s your company’s application patching strategy? What about your application vendors’ strategy?
For a quick sum up read, check out the smaller ‘Key Findings’ download, or stop by the MS Malware Protection portal.
– Ned “Anti-Social Engineering” Pyle