Ned here again. The cat is out of the bag now and we’re a little more free to talk about DFSR features that are planned (not guaranteed – planned) to release with Windows Server 2008 R2. Our friends at the File Cabinet blog have posted an excellent writeup – definitely worth a look:
Here’s the short and sweet list of areas that were added or improved:
- Support for Windows Failover Clusters
- Read-only Replicated Folders (now with true filter driver support)
- SYSVOL on Read-only Domain Controllers (leveraging the improved Read-only functionality)
- Diagnostics Improvements (DFSRDIAG adds support for replication state, record translation, and file hash checking for pre-seeding)
You can try all these out in a test environment right now – hurry up and grab the ISO’s before it’s too late.
– Ned ‘The Short Simpson’ Pyle