After you install Windows 7 SP1, you may receive the message that the XP Mode needs to be Upgraded ( Upgrading Virtual PC Integration Components) when you open the XP Mode.
Sometimes, the IC upgrade fails and displays “Setup Interrupted”.
You can examine the setupact.log and vmguestsetup.log. A common issue is the installation failure is related to wdf01000.sys and wdfldr.sys.
Please try the below steps:
1. Unistall Virtual PC Components.
2. Remove the device that is unrecogonized from the device manager
3. Rename the following 2 files
4. Restart the system. Hardware wizard comes up at reboot. Some inf file is left over, so it recognizes it as the bus thing, but needs a file in the Program filesVirtual PC … folder (which is gone). Dismiss the dialog.
5. Install the Integration components.
6. When the hardware wizard comes, select to manully to install, enter the path in the first option – C:Program FilesVirtual PC Integration Components and click next. it should recogonize the unrecogonized device
7. Restart and enable the Integration features