When you install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 you may receive error 0x800f081f or 0x8024200D.
When you check the CBS log(C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\cbs.log), you will find the errors like below:
2011-03-03 21:38:06, Error CBS Exec: Failed to pre-stage package: Package_for_KB976933~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~cs-CZ~6.1.7601.17514, file: TsUsbGD.sys, source: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_tsgenericusbdriver.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_9872c8452ac8f816\TsUsbGD.sys, sandbox: (null) [HRESULT = 0x800f081f – CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2011-03-03 21:38:06, Info CBS Failed to gather all required files. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f – CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Please use the following methods to resolve the issue:
1. Run System Update Readiness Tool (KB947821). It should resolve the error in most of cases.
2. This may be due to a pre-release version of the RSAT tools being installed on the system. To alleviate this failure, do the following:
- Uninstall the pre-release RSAT tools
- Reboot the system
- Install the release version of the RSAT tools (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&displaylang=en)
- Reinstall SP1.
3. Run a remove package command for offending package identified in the CBS log or in the system event log.
For example, you may find the following event in the system event log:
The example command is like below:
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18.104.22.16814